Friday, December 9, 2011

Don't scowl at my cowl



Last year I made a cowl that was a bit too restrained, it wasn’t cowly enough. This year, armed with a chunky wool blend in a lovely peacock-teal shade and my size 11 needles, I set out to fulfill my need for a cozy (easy to make) neckwarmer. It was a success, even my fashionable NYC sister (who would declare she is not fashionable) wants one. I am making her one right now.


Mermaid Cowl- Super easy

I cast on 29 stitches (you need to use a multiple of 6 stitches plus 5 to do the chevron pattern)

1st row (right side) K5,[ p1, k5] to end
2nd row K1, [p3, k3] to last 4 stitches, p3, k1
3rd row P2, [k1, p2] to end
4th row P1, [k3, p3] to last 4 stitches, k3, p1
5th K2, [p1, k5] to last 3 stitches, p1, k2
6th row Purl to end

Repeat these 6 rows until it is the length you desire. Bind off and use a crochet hook to stitch up the seam. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails