Sunday, March 14, 2010

oh 1980s, falsettos, leather pants and Norwegian hottness

Amy is moving to the Big Apple soon. And soon after she makes the move, I will be joining her to see one of her all time favorite bands. a-ha is on it's final tour and Amy and I will see their final show. Do you remember them?

Amy has been a loyal fan all these years. For me, the band conjures up so many old memories. When I was an annoying, big glasses wearing, frizzy haired little sister, oh how I looked up to Amy. Amy, with her neat organized bedroom, her stash of Mirabelle and Elle magazines ( bought with her own money from her waitressing job), her collection of Banana Republic clothing (scored on babysitting trips with Aunt Morene and Uncle David), her white musk perfume and her music love. a-ha, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Simply red, Corey Hart. All I had was a little white clock radio, a Sade tape and occasional access to a staticy Canadian music video channel.. But Amy had a bunch of tapes.

So Amy called me a while back and asked me to go with her, she knew that no one else would go along to see an old crusty bunch of used up guys sing 80s pop songs. (For that last sentence she is going to slap me I am sure). But seriously I am excited. And if Morten still has his chops it will be fun.






Look at that Norwegian hottie.

And for those of you who want to snicker and smugly discount the talent this vintage Norwegian pop group has, just listen to Chris Martin of Coldplay speak on how aha has inspired his own group, right before he covers"High and Low". Um, so there. That is, unless you can't stand Coldplay.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails