Monday, December 31, 2007

kale pie





Yes, I love kale. But even I , a self professed kale lover, cringe at the name of the recipe that follows. I can't decide if I should take it upon myself to rename this recipe or if I should try to spearhead a kale revolution. Even people who love the taste have a negative association for this underappreciated brassica that is so often used as an ornamental in the garden or a sad garnish for a dish with half the robust flavor and healthful properties.

KALE PIE or melange of green goodness with tangy, golden puff crust

bunch kale, thinly sliced
med. onion, sliced
1/4 c. herbs,( parsley, thyme, chives, mixture of)
2-3 tbs. butter
11/4c.flour
1/2tsp. baking powder
2 tbs mayo
6 eggs
1 c. plain yogurt
salt and pepper

preheat to 375

saute kale and onions in butter ( I added some mushrooms cause I looove 'em)

hard boil 3 eggs, chop and add to kale after sauteeing

add chopped herbs to mix.

mix the rest of the ing.to make batter.

pour half batter in bottom of buttered 9x12 pan.

pour veg.in and cover with rest of batter. bake 45min or until puffy and golden.

delicioso.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails