Tuesday, August 11, 2009

art = remedy for melancholy

John D. Graham's "Two Sisters", (a detail).
Sisters, again unfinished. um... by me.
One of my Aunt Sheila's theorum paintings, recently given to me by Aunt Kath.


I did it again. I very quickly and in succession read two engrossing novels and sank into a bit of a depression. Please. Tell me. Does this happen to you? This time my partners in crime were the subject of the last post and Graceling- Kristin Cashore. Graceling is a Y.A fantasy novel. I am a bit of a latecomer to the fantasy genre. Molly was into them in school but back then I would never tread far from my beloved victorian novels. Suffice it to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. But, when it was over, I had trouble facing my real life and had to do some cleaning and painting to get back into reality.

While strolling through the MOMA, I spied a painting entitled "Two Sisters" by John D. (Ivan Dombroski) Graham. I was entirely smitten with the colors, and the subject matter. And I think I may, when I get a moment, use it as inspiration for a few more paintings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails