Tuesday, August 31, 2010

F I V E





THE LION HEART CASTLE IS A HIT!





Some facts about Ez.
He weighed 9 pounds 3 oz. at birth. I ate A LOT of peach pie (and healthy stuff like kale) when he was in the womb and the doctors swore that I was perfectly healthy but I felt like Moby Dick and stopped looking at the scale when it reached 160.
He and Amy have matching freckles on their lefty left hands.
He could live on bananas, oatmeal, yogurt, pb and h, and tomatoes.
He is a very determined boy and could tie his shoes at 4.5 and ride a two wheeler at age 3.
He loves to sing.
He especially loves hip hop. Ahem, Kanye, Alicia Keys...
He is particular about who he keeps company with and prefers to hang with kids who are not chatty. He is not the social animal that I am. And I am learning to come to terms with and respect that.
He is very conservative with his hugs (except with me).
He loves to collect bugs especially big black beetles.
He loves to handle fish and other animals. I am trying to teach him to study and hold animals but remember that it might be torture if he is not careful.
His favorite color is green
He likes to wear belts and costumes.
He was not sure about having a party and at the last minute decided he did not want one. I had to explain to him that it was too late to cancel. Again, who is this child?
Ezra can be moody. Sometimes he wakes up grumpy. I don't understand this. I wasn't moody until I had kids. Even as a teenager, I would get sad but I at least pretended to be happy and carefree for everyone else's sakes (which I realize is probably unhealthy).

Ez is not a people person. I was introverted for a period of time in my life. I still crave alone time and don't mind being by myself but I am a social being. I love connecting with folks, adults and kids alike. It has taken me awhile to realize that my kids are their own little people. Ez is very different from me and it would be unfair to expect him to be like anyone else. It is okay that he is not always into talking to people, hugging people, being sociable. I just have to help him use manners, use words, it is a challenge.



Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you." -Kahlil Gibran

Rose loved Sweet Honey in the Rock and put this song on a cd for Henry when he was 3. Thanks Rosie!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails