Sunday, October 5, 2008

NO MORE DIAPERS!!!! poop cake and other domestic niceties





Today is a special day in our household. Today is the day we have a cake ( chocolate with fudge frosting) in honor of Ezzie finally crossing the threshold into B.M toilet -userdom. I made that word/phrase up. I am not aware of an existing word for this purpose. Here is a list of the ridiculous antics I performed to get him here...

holding Ezzie (he being naked, me fully clothed) perched on toilet while straddling toilet myself

drawing countless graphic, action pictures of dinosaurs pooping (while sitting in the bathroom with Ezra)

singing a poop song, made up on the spot, in rhyme form

denying him a diaper to poop in despite his constant whining and crying 

offering , in a moment of true weakness, to let him poop in a bucket in my bedroom, in the bathtub, in his little boxer briefs, in short, anywhere but in a diaper (thankfully, he did not take me up on any of these)

A note, to my dear friends and family who are prospective parents, DO NOT FEAR! This does not always happen (this stubborn willfulness and  preoccupation with pooping in a diaper in dark corner near mother's drawing/craft table). It did not happen with Henry. Ezra is a bit more pig-headed. However, this morning, he pooped in the toilet all of his own volition, no poop poetry or sketches involving scat involved. Yeah God!  


In other news....Superman's leg finally broke, Spiderman's hand fell off, Duct tape anyone???These toys come a close second in the faves to trains and tracks...

Went for two great family bike rides this weekend.

Apple picking at Cold Spring Orchard was wonderful. We'll go again, I forgot my camera this time...


4 comments:

Denise said...

You are such a fun Mommy! Nobody ever made me a poop cake!! Congratulations on another milestone. Those boys have the cutest smiles!!!

Unknown said...

that poop cake looks delicious. I especially love that there is a dollop of frosting in the middle that looks like the perfect little poo! I am not sure if that was on purpose or not :)

Elita said...

Yes, the poop cake was a hit. ALthough I wrote the blog post before the cake was purchased ( I only have time to bake birthday cakes, and even then...) and Matt opted for a Boston Cream poop cake. The folks at STopnShop fell over themselves laughing at Matty's request. I have fully come to terms with the use of bribery as a means to achieve sanity in my household and while I don't let them go too crazy with sugar and sweets I am not super strict about that either....Funny what you let go of once you become a parent!

Tina Post said...

So funny! I hope that even if I don't get a stubborn one, I remember to do a poop cake when we hit that milestone. It's just so funny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails