Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Zippers, Robin Hood and Cookies




Today the Ferrari household received two fabulous packages. One, courtesy of mama-in-law, was an oatmeal box filled with cakey, lightly spiced and iced cookies. A perfect accompaniment to my freshly poured cup of black tea.  Thanks Sharon! The other was Henry's Robin Hood costume. My mother was not sure if he would be comfortable wearing the scarlet lycra of Dash (The Incredibles) and knew he admired Robin Hood, so she made him two costumes this year.  The Robin Hood costume was nestled amongst a ton of my nana's old zippers and some dark chocolate. Zippers and chocolate, yeehaw. Henry is currently outside with his buddy Rasha, sporting his fabulous costume. He informed me that he would like to wear the tights, just the tights mind you, to school sometime, 'cause the girls get to. I am fine with him doing so, I just don't want him to learn about the societal limitations of freedom of self expression the painful way. Luckily he was sidetracked before we continued that conversation. I guess I would have to tell him that he doesn't own any skirts to wear them with and I packed all of his shorts away... 

2 comments:

Michaela said...

Henry has 2 Halloween costumes this year and I don't even have one yet?!

You should tell him, though, that his "Dash" outfit inspired my most recent and most probable costume idea: Captain Underpants.

Wish me luck...

xoxox

Elita said...

Captain Underpants sounds awesome. Next year my mom wants to make us all costumes that have a common theme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails