Tuesday, October 14, 2008

scrumptiousity




A big thank you to Martha Stewart. As annoying as she can be for a variety of reasons, she can cook and bake and arrange flowers like nobody's business and she is responsible for turning me on to faux bois. It is her recipe for root veg. and sherry vinaigrette that I used for our supper Sunday night. As always, I followed it loosely. I roasted a combo of parsnips, carrots, red onion, red potatoes, and golden beets. I made  a vinageraitte with sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and minced red onion (Martha used shallots but with the economic crisis going on I made do with red onion). I made do, which reminds me of an old adage.. "Use it up, wear it out, make it work or do without." A dusting of sharp cheddar and a bed of tangy arugula that wilts perfectly under the hot veg. makes a scrumptious meal... or "side" as Matty would prefer to call it.  

Also, I made really good peanut butter cookies the other day. Thanks again Martha and recipezaar (look up martha's peanut butter cookies). Best I have ever had, seriously. 

So, this week our internet connection was really slow. And I was really busy. Which is why I am sort of playing catch up now. 


Off to make Friday pizza while my monsters watch Monster's Inc.


1 comment:

Denise said...

Bob would call it a "side" too - no meat, so it's a side. The colors are beautiful! I don't know if I like parsnips - but I'm tempted to try it. Happy to see all is well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails