Thursday, January 29, 2009


As I quickly jot this down, Ezra is in his snowsuit on the front porch (door wide open for fresh air), spilling nutritional yeast all down the front of his jacket. He is also sharing his popcorn with the famished birds. I will make this quick, I have tried all morning to tear Ez away from his trains to get outside again, although he and his dad took a walk this morning. Also, I sliced two of my fingers on an enormous sheet of ice so my already pathetic typing skills are even more compromised.

These are the prints for Henry's birthday quilt. I have not purchased fabric in many months and I was excited to do so today. Henry requested a blanket. I promise that I did not even ask him to ask me for one. He is a boy after my own heart and has always taken a keen interest in crafting things. He requested "mostly green, with red, blue, orange and purple". That was mind blowing for me since I am so fickle with fabrics and the more color involved, the more confused I get. So I stuck with some of the colors he chose. Maybe I will make him a "rainbow" tote to make up for it. I plan to make a strip quilt with these prints and some coordinating solids. Pretty exciting, I think....

6 comments:

Tina Post said...

Lovely fabric... and what a sweet boy!

Emily said...

oooooo. i really like your fabric choices. did you find them on-line or at a store?

Elita said...

Jo Ann Fabrics! And I was really hoping I would see you there. I needed a lifeline. Next time I will call you. We could have an "after the kids are in bed" fabric shopping date.

Emily said...

i am *so* in. name the time and i'll bring the coupons.

Elita said...

It is nearly February! Coupon time! Maybe this week...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fabric choices! Can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails