Thursday, October 15, 2009

"me" time, tea time



Some days I get home from work and I just have to find some "me" time before I go to class. Crazy right? Handwashing things like silk scarves and newly thrifted vintage aprons is relaxing to me. Don't start getting nutty and envisioning me with a washboard and bloody knuckles. The warm sudsy water, scented with peppermint dr. bronners and the quiet ticking of the clock is somehow quite soothing to me. And it is just the thing I need to do between wiping snotty noses, soothing tears, breaking up sandbox fights and reading about how to document experimental control for multiple baseline designs with three or more data series before my methods class.

Oh, and I can't leave out sipping an enormous cup of that delicious, slightly smoky, Darjeeling tea that Lalitha brought me from India. Perfect.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails