Thursday, April 10, 2008

nuevo salad



Cabbage (I used half  of a large head)

Cilantro... amt. depends on how much you love cilantro

equal parts olive oil and lemon juice ( I used 1/3 c. of each, whisked together)

sea salt to taste...

This salad is so healthy you can very easily finish the chocolate peanut butter cups you started eating when the little kids were washed and fed and sleeping in bed.  
If you don't have time to let the salad tenderize in the fridge, you can let it sit for less than a minute in some boiling water ( before adding dressing and cilantro...


Michaela asked for a new food post. All I could come up with is this and it is fabulous but one of it's star ingredients is cilantro which Michaela can't stand! Try another herb if you are of the anti-cilantro school!

This salad came from Jona and Rana by way of Sharon. Uncle J and aunt R had it in Chile while visiting Mariana. I think we may dub it after her because I imagine that we will eat it a lot. It is easier and much more refreshing than coleslaw. I am sure Henry will eat it by the tubful if we name it after his beloved Spanish-speaking cousin that he has yet to meet. He is so proud that he has a cousin who hails from such a far away place. I dream of them meeting and becoming really good friends, they are so close in age.

P.S The salad in the blue bowl was my lunch, mixed greens with slices of caribbean -style baked tofu.

1 comment:

Michaela said...

Wow! That looks great! I'm finding cilantro tolerable to good now, too, so I might even make it. Thanks for "feeding" me, kelly! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails