Tuesday, June 3, 2008

over sharing


I don't mean for this blog to be a personal journal but for me it is really healing to know that I can share these stories and be heard by loved ones. A friendly acquaintance just stopped by and we had an impromptu connection over  "special needs" kids.  Like me, she is very open and easy to talk to. I was feeling weird about that last post until I talked to Ashley and realized how important it is, not just for me, to share these stories. Ashley is currently getting her Masters in Speech Pathology and she is working at a local private practice therapy group that uses theatre as therapy for kids with autistic spectrum disorders.  We totally connected and she said some things that are really going to help me, I just made a new friend. I wouldn't have been able to do that if I didn't sometimes "over share".

1 comment:

Tina Post said...

Oh goodness--that wasn't oversharing! You need more nonfiction writer friends. At once point, my friend Miki suggested a few of us start a band called 'Disclosaholic Freakshow.' Since none of us can really play a music instrument, that didn't really pan out :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails