Friday, April 9, 2010

quick catch up



This reads more like a journal entry, sorry. I have been busy. Something's gotta give. I have big plans for the summer though.


I have 4 weeks left of my first year of grad school. And I have been very busy reading articles, writing papers and working on presentations. To unwind I have been reading this series

Last night I finished this one.
One of the things that upset me about going to grad. school was that I might have to give up my fiction addiction. Here's the thing, I have found that I won't be reading dense classic literature in between reading meta-analysis or research on teenage boy's transition plans in juvenile detention centers, that's too much for my brain to deal with and absolutely not relaxing. But a sassy, indulgent, vampire detective series (that gave birth to one of my favorite television shows), that's do-able.

Since I went to Boston two weeks ago I have read book 3- book 8. And now I have to wait until May for the 9th book to come out. tears. But this is a good thing because I have some serious work to do.

In between reading and studying I have planted: nasturtiums, california poppies, parsley, cilantro and dill.

Today I went to the last pancake breakfast at Henry's school. The kids sang a song they have been practicing all year about their last year of Mark's Meadow and how they will miss it but that community is about people not walls. They held up signs telling us where they are all going: i.e Wildwood ( where my boys will be going), various private schools, Korea, Philadelphia, etc. I cried. It was beautiful. The principal and some teachers put on a play- "Oh, the places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss. What a special school, what a great principal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails