Tuesday, March 4, 2008

funny stuff ?







Some funny things my kids have said lately...

Ezra announced to me the other night that he has a new puppy, Carnal. Last week he had a dog named Carl. Naturally, I asked him if he meant to say his puppy dog's name was Carl. He said emphatically and a little bit angrily that "his name is Carnal and he is a puppy, not a puppy dog."After a few minutes of "petting" Carnal and explaining that he was very small and blue in color, he was quiet. Right before drifting off he perked up and asked me "Do I have a puppy Carnal?" I wasn't sure what to say, I told him that if he felt that he had a puppy... and then I just said "sure, why not, goodnight Carnal, goodnight Ezra."


The other day I bought Honey Nut Cheerios. I was in StopnShop. Normally, we purchase our cereal at Trader Joes. We almost exclusively eat Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls, Puffins and one other I can't recall at the moment. But I saw those Cheerios and started drooling, well not really. They have more sugar than I normally allow, more than 6gm per serving. I bought them anyway, I guess I have a thing for Honey Nut
Cheerios. That night after dinner, Henry was complaining about going to school. He said, "I don't want to go to school but at least we have new cereal in the morning".

Were those stories even remotely funny to anyone else? Am I so sleep deprived that I don't understand funny? I am hungry, I might eat a bowl of cereal while I wait for the primary results....


p.s

re.photos above

pensive henry

scarf wearing sumo ezzie

enormous ferrari/carlisle family-built snowman (taller than matty)

my first landscape attempt, beginning stages

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say that picture of sumo Ezra is absolutely adorable! Also I think those stories are really funny, but then again I also have stories that I tell about my students that not everyone thinks else thinks are as funny as I do so I understand!
also at our Trader Joes there is a version of Honey nut cheerios that is the trader joes brand, but it might just have the same amount of sugar as the name brand stuff, but I just love everything Trader joes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails