Thursday, January 3, 2008

naughty cake


I mentioned on the sidebar that we have been eating cake. I made a New Year cake. I love having a cake in the house. I almost like creating a cake more than eating it (unless it is hotmilk sponge cake with pinucci frosting which is my favorite). What I really love is the imagining of different layers, fillings and frostings. One of my favorite creations was a 3 layer coconut cake with a vanilla buttercream frosting, two layers of grapefruit curd sandwiched inside and a dusting of chewy coconut on top. Alas, my current mini oven does not support my love of baking. I can bake bread with it, I can bake cookies but it has a problem with cakes. Thus the "bad cake" title. I used "naughty cake" because it sounded more fun. So, the cake is sort of pretty due to the bright shiny white frosting but not as yummy as it should be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails